"It's only through writing that I've ever been able to suppress life's personal disappointments. When I can't write I feel anxious and out of sorts and am easily riled, though I'm usually able to control my emotions..."
- Pramoedya Ananta Toer (The Mute's Soliloquy: A Memoir)
["Hanya dengan menulis aku mampu menekan segala kekecewaan peribadi hidup. Bila aku tidak menulis, aku merasa cemas & tidak keruan serta mudah gusar, walau selalunya aku bisa mengawal emosiku..."]

Sunday, May 2, 2010


On Saturday (1st May 2010) evening after almost a year, I had decided to visit my favorite comic bookstore, Kinokuniya KLCC. With limited amount of cash, I planned to buy at least one comic book without considering any specific target of title. Kinokuniya has changed so much especially the tag price—a little bit more expensive than I used to budget. I browsed every shelf at the comic section and none interest me because either the price was not in my budget or the arts didn't caught my interest.

Then I saw this manwha because the art blindly caught my attention & once I saw the content arts, without hesitation I bought it. Back at home, I spend sometime to read it & to my surprise this is something I'm looking for in a comic for love genre of pretty boys.

I know it was a FATE during the random searched that my instinct yearned me to get it. The story line's theme almost the exact same with what I'm planning for my personal upcoming international comic project (hopefully for 2011-2012 release). Here I am proudly think that I was the pioneer for such theme, unexpectedly it has been created by Hee Jung Park.

If you're quite aware of this blog fully—you may passed through a few written poems, short stories, journals and comic teasers I did with similar theme; Pretty Boys' dilemma. Many stories about pretty boys always relate to homosexual issues, but this one will mislead you. This is exactly what I want others to know; not all pretty boys (naturally) are meant to be homosexual, metro sexual, heterosexual or whatever sexual you can think of, it is because they are LOVE. How so much others misinterpret their look, that's how much they grow to be wiser than their look & the truth about them will only mean heartbroken for others.

I love this part of quotation, really really true! Take my advice friends... you can fool yourself about your own feeling, but forever that feeling will haunt you until you confess.


This part is almost the same how my late mother used to say to her brothers & sisters every time they advice her to be very careful of my future. Sometimes when they love you so much, they will try every possible way to protect you without even thinking they are exactly caging you. That's because they love you in selfish way. But I was lucky, my late mother raised me with real love; a love with no boundaries & no matter what you do, everyone will look the same to you. I love you so much, Allahyarhamha Sa'dah bte. Hj Fadhil!

No comments: