"It's only through writing that I've ever been able to suppress life's personal disappointments. When I can't write I feel anxious and out of sorts and am easily riled, though I'm usually able to control my emotions..."
- Pramoedya Ananta Toer (The Mute's Soliloquy: A Memoir)
["Hanya dengan menulis aku mampu menekan segala kekecewaan peribadi hidup. Bila aku tidak menulis, aku merasa cemas & tidak keruan serta mudah gusar, walau selalunya aku bisa mengawal emosiku..."]

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

BUSINESS SCHOLAR INSTEAD OF ART?

The fact is if other people are being genius in their own field, I’m practically genius (so called I quoted) in my own field; drawing. I don’t have to hold a diploma, a degree, a master or even a PhD to become an expert in art. I can read through abstract & I’m very much confident I can surpass everyone’s thought just by looking a stroke of color by a simple brush. So art is my confident & it has become my life. Therefore to further my study in art is nothing more than just wasting my time. Because I know I’ll be an easy scorer if I further my master in arts, that won’t be challenging & it’ll be boring for me.

Honest to myself, I admit I have the natural talent in art. I don’t have intention to further my study in any course of art though I believe I could. With just a little lesson from everyday life, it will developed skill of my art by an extra mile.

I was not a flying-colors-student of Diploma in Science (2004-2007) & Degree (Hons.) in Furniture Technology (2007-2009) from UiTM, because my basic interest for career is art in comic. More else when I was at primary & secondary schools, my plan was never to get high grades but only to challenge myself with the high grade students. So if my plan faltered, I would just smile & had no regret because my plan was never to be a scorer in the education fields. All I ever planned since I was little was to be an artist, specialty in making comic; writing to drawing.

I never plan to be a part of any medical or science team, so why I furthered into Diploma in Science? I never even plan to open my own furniture factory, so why I graduated from Degree (Hons.) in Furniture Technology? And the biggest question is why after I’ve achieved the most promising status in the Malaysia Comic Industry, but I ended up furthering my study in Master of Business Administration at IIUM?

My decision to further my master in business administration at International Islamic University of Malaysia/IIUM has come long before I begin my professional career in Malaysia Comic Industry. Studying at IIUM has been my dream after SPM but because of no Arabic language proficiency plus not credit in Bahasa Malaysia, I was instead accepted to UiTM doing Pre-Science. Then, venturing into business has been forever attached with my dream to become a professional comic artist. So by right, I never really change my course in decision making for my own life since little.



Trust me that I won't be leaving Malaysia Comic Industry, but I hope with the knowledge of MBA, I can propose an inspiration to our upcoming talents that...

To be in an industry, it's all about running business either individually or as a firm to help yourself & others too.  

3 comments:

Lukisan Separuh said...

It's really good that you're furthering your study by taking a course that has nothing to do with art. It's something different from what you used to do. I wish you all the best and may you succeed in this course! <3

Fakhrul Anour said...

Aamiin... insya-Allah, I'll do my best. TQ Anne! I believe this is how I develop; by taking different courses to strengthen my art. Yet my objective still about making comic to enrich our Malaysia Comic Industry. ^_^

Shah Ibrahim said...

Salam bro,
those were interesting thoughts indeed. As a self-taught person who loves art myself, I believe that it doesn't hurt studying something other than art. At the end of the day, you'll end up producing something unique and different as a result of your adventurous attitude :)
All the best!