"It's only through writing that I've ever been able to suppress life's personal disappointments. When I can't write I feel anxious and out of sorts and am easily riled, though I'm usually able to control my emotions..."
- Pramoedya Ananta Toer (The Mute's Soliloquy: A Memoir)
["Hanya dengan menulis aku mampu menekan segala kekecewaan peribadi hidup. Bila aku tidak menulis, aku merasa cemas & tidak keruan serta mudah gusar, walau selalunya aku bisa mengawal emosiku..."]

Saturday, May 14, 2011

THROUGH THE LENS OF A WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER


Many years ago I was photographed as a 'runaway' model for a photography student during my degree years that accidently caught me (for not more than three months) in our local modelling industry. It was not a career I happened to like (... & I was not quite a 'sale' to my agency too! :P), but the experience at catwalk & photoshoot, I treasure it until today. Being a model (especially supermodel!), seriously not an easy job. The worse moment when you happened to work under a pain-in-the-ass photographer. I respect those who sustain their capability like forever! Yet I'm happy that I used to be taught how to play my mood on lens. So when a professional photographer suddenly approached me with his 'baby', I immediately striked a pose!

At 36 years old, put on weight, a few weeks off the beauty regime (lazy...), I consider my natural look does gave an advantage to the photographer. Haha! You can reach the photographer on Facebook.  

His name is Faris Zainal, a professional wedding photographer & he happens to be my neighbour. Soon to be a father, we first met on our neighbourhood's volleyball field. None of us knew each other's background until we slowly developed our social interaction as neighbours. As he found out I'm an icon for the Malaysia Comic Industry & I happened to realize he does have a great talent in photography, without doubt, being photographed by him is surely an honor to me.

As he is on plan to go fulltime as a professional photographer, with his Lumix GF1 & its lightbox, he caught me natural on lens & my face purely 'naked'! I mean... really 'sharp' on Friday The 13th or say... I need to start doing facial again. Haha!

No comments: