"It's only through writing that I've ever been able to suppress life's personal disappointments. When I can't write I feel anxious and out of sorts and am easily riled, though I'm usually able to control my emotions..."
- Pramoedya Ananta Toer (The Mute's Soliloquy: A Memoir)
["Hanya dengan menulis aku mampu menekan segala kekecewaan peribadi hidup. Bila aku tidak menulis, aku merasa cemas & tidak keruan serta mudah gusar, walau selalunya aku bisa mengawal emosiku..."]

Saturday, March 31, 2007


"If a man be gracious and courteous to strangers, it shows he is a citizen of the world, and that his heart is no island cut off from other lands, but a continent that joins to them."

My Dearest Friends,

Perfect love is rare indeed - to be a lover will require that you continually have the subtlety of the very wise, the flexibility of a child, the sensitivity of an artist, the understanding of a philosopher, the acceptance of a saint, the tolerance of a scholar and the fortitude of certainty..

Nothing else really matters if your partner loves you for you. If you're heavyweight, you can always loose some; If you don't have perfect body, you can always tone it up; If you have an illness or scars, you can always have it treated.

But If you don't have HEART to LOVE, EARS to LISTEN to your LOVE, a SHOULDERS to CRY with your LOVE, a MOUTH to WHISPER about your LOVE...

Well... I am sorry, for God has granted me serenity to accept things I cannot change, courage to change things I possibly cannot, and wisdom to know the difference.

I seek not The Look of Adonis, The Charm of Artemis, The Personality of Ares, or The Strength of Hercules. I just seek for my Mortal better half; my ideal partner-in-crime; to share the bittersweet taste of life together, to love and be loved. I'm just an average human, with a great personality.


P/S: I found this quote from a website with his permission to paste it in my blog. I love this quote so much that I claimed the man to be wise enough to understand the true meaning of love.

No comments: