"It's only through writing that I've ever been able to suppress life's personal disappointments. When I can't write I feel anxious and out of sorts and am easily riled, though I'm usually able to control my emotions..."
- Pramoedya Ananta Toer (The Mute's Soliloquy: A Memoir)
["Hanya dengan menulis aku mampu menekan segala kekecewaan peribadi hidup. Bila aku tidak menulis, aku merasa cemas & tidak keruan serta mudah gusar, walau selalunya aku bisa mengawal emosiku..."]

Friday, December 31, 2010

PROMO KOMIK: THIS PART... IT BREAKS ME!

This is a plot of page 3 comic adaptation of 'When It Breaks More Than It Should' by Igniz & this is considered the most emotional plot I had to draw. You can even see a trace of my tear on it.

I'm not even close compared to the child in the story, but it was heartbreaking that I had to draw a loving mother being scold by his lovely child. The whole night I heard my mother whispered to me that I'm nothing like what they said. She even reminded me that I never raised my voice to her. Then she brought me back to our memory lanes, she said the worse act I did to protest her was drowned my head in the tempayan full of water. She said it was heartbreaking for her to hear them accused me that way when she couldn't even be there to protect me. When she was alive, it was hard to let her selfishness kills my dream by ordering me back into the cave. So she let me danced with the crowd & patiently heard my series of complaint about those love hunters until demons scared her soul to death...

Now, after she passed away, she was even worried because I have to bring her charismatic value. When I was a kid, the reason she smacked or rotan me because I easily smiled to strangers. She said don't easily smile to others unless I have someone to protect my smile. No wonder I hardly smile in the photos when I was a kid. She said I was a very loyal child but she was worried for one day I will suffered her beauty & being taken away by the wrong people. While the right people just watched with so much blame on me for not knowing to choose what's right & what's wrong. But why they didn't even say something beside blaming? Because they plan to kill the beauty they cannot own with other people's hand.

She also said I had to stick to my true love if I want to escape from forever being taken by the wrong people, even if one day this true love will not be there to enjoy my victory. No regret she said, as long we have a heart that believes what is right...

Mak... Do you remember when we acted in that movie together? When the co-actor slapped your face slowly then you fell hard on the floor by saying "Aku tak tahu! Aku tak tahu!"? Especially when we had to do the take over & over again which I almost wanted to scold the director? I really cried hard for you, mak... for every take. Thank God you understood me & patiently calmed me for every take. Separated from me during the shot was not brilliant. "For my trust," you said.

Mak...

I'm breaking away soon. dead or alive is not my choice anymore, my choice is true love though I have no power to hold it tight with me. But I can never forget what your sister -in-law said to me a few minutes after you passed away...

"You know sweety, the last thing she was worried before she passed away is your charm. She was afraid you couldn't handle all the pressures. Your mother when she was alive, since forever, she was a princess then a queen... everything around us, it was all about her. Now you..."

Mak...
After that all I heard was "Run away... be away... but before that, stay a while & teach them right. Tell them what they feel about you will only provoke defamation & only true love can feels you right."

Mak...
A year ago... before new year 2010, I fell in love at first sight again. It was beautiful though as usual... heartbreaking. It took me a journey to understand that it's real! I'm slow, yes... Yet unashamed after that, I shout to the world "I'M IN LOVE!". But as I don't want to worry you so much, I will only let the feeling controls me... the person is free to fly away unless otherwise, we'll see.

That's love... right, mak? True love.

I LOVE YOU...


Happy New Year 2011, mother...
you're my angel forever.

No comments: